- 3 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground sweet sausage
- 8 tbs water
- 2 tbs oil
- 4 tsp each of salt, sugar, Worcestershire Sauce, cocoa, ground cumin, oregano
- 2 large onion chopped
- 2 diced peppers (varied colors)
- 3 tbs chili powder
- 4 cans kidney beans
- 6 cups diced canned tomatoes
- Brown ground beef and sausage in oil.
- Add onion and cook until it turns clear.
- Add remaining ingredients except kidney beans and simmer 1 hour covered.
- Add kidney beans and cook 1 additional hour uncovered.
Serve with Italian bread, tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sour cream.
We served 10-12 adults and scouts from two Dutch ovens.